Thursday, February 4, 2010

Australia and Pakistan @ Down Under 2009-10

Hello and welcome to Ram Koundinya’s Blog. This time am gonna cover the on going series between Pakistan and Australia in the Down Under.

Pakistan
3-0 in tests and 5-0 in ODIs loss to Australia…if this is not enough, Pakistan’s captain Afridi is suspended for 2 games. Can it get any better than this ? It can for most teams but certainly not for Pakistan.

After the 5th match, when Afridi had to confront the match referee, this is what he had to say “I am bored of playing for Pakistan and losing match after match. Yes I bit the ball…I mean the cricket ball and I plead guilty to the charges”. He also added “Now I can take a quick trip to India and plead Lalit Modi if I can be squeezed into some IPL Team. I am not sad that we lost 8 games to Aus…but I am extremely hurt we can’t play in the IPL.”

While Younis and Yousuf have been fighting it out with one another to see who wins the battle to score least runs, Kamran Akmal has been practicing so much goal keeping that he has forgotten to catch a cricket ball. Insider sources tell us that he has now signed a deal with EPL as a goal keeper now that IPL has shown the door to him. EPL County is now hoping (and praying) that Kamran atleast catches the bigger ball.

Yousuf said at the presentation: “Bis……….Rahim…..sabse pehle I want to thank Afridi for what he did. We were desperate to make an impact in the series…leave a footprint in Australia….since I was sitting out (dropped) for the last match, am happy Afridi did it for all us…he left his teethprint.”

Former captain Younis Khan wrapped up “yeah we were keeping up the tradition of Pak cricket…we need to create some problem or the other in every series….we are the 1st team to prove that we can tamper the ball with teeth…am happy the boys have done it again….keep it up guys….”

PS: There is a secret going around that the best team award for unity will be going to Pakistan…

What next Pakistan……?

Australia

They should be extremely happy after winning 3-0 especially with the support of 2 Umpires + 3rd Umpire + 1 Match Referee. Australia esp in Australia would be thankful to this support staff – match after match…year after year. Hard to imagine what it would be for them without these guys. Time and again the Aussie commentators talk about role modeling, sportsmanship, good behavior etc that the Australian players follow. Some classic examples are McGrath, Ponting, Steve Waugh, Shane Warne etc etc. Its high time other countries pick these things up and give it right back to Aus.

Ponting said “Winning is all that matters to us. Even if I edge a ball and it takes 45 degrees deviation, I will wait for umpire to lift this finger…I mean his index finger not the middle finger. I expect opposition players to walk off even if we take a close bump ball catch – to me that is sportsmanship.”

Talking about the Ashes, Ponting said “yeah I am confident we can beat the Poms when they come to Aus – after all we have a good support staff here. But I am waiting for the next Ashes in England. I want to lead this team there for the 3rd time. I want my name in the record books as the only captain not to win Ashes in England…”

World No 1 team….upholding the true spirit of unsportmanship….

Pakistan bashing is silver…….but……Aussie bashing is Golden

Any or all quotes and facts in this article may be wholly or partly fiction and is purely intended for fun (but you knew that already by now…don’t you?)

As always any feedback is highly appreciated….

1 comment:

Revathi Krishna said...

Ram,
Your blogs on the Pakistan Vs Australia is hilarious. Am going to forward to the rest of my team at Suyati. Keep it coming. Am sure you can generate more laughs as India take on SA at home this week.

Thanks for making my day,
Revathi
PS: Check my blog on Federer posted it yesterday. however if you are not a fedex fan, don't bother. the overgushing can sicken you!